Sunday 1 January 2017

2017 goals




Commit to this blog
Ok, so I admit that I haven't really been the best at this -- I went months without posting, TWICE! I've wanted to do this for such a long time and then I completely gave up. And I wish I could say this was due to the load of uni work I've had or any type of work really, but I would be lying to both you guys and myself, it's mostly due to the sesh. However, as 2017 goes on I plan to start posting regularly and if time will allow, more often. Working on this blog is still a work in progress though, so please just bare with me.

Committing to uni work
Paying £9,000 a year really puts things in perspective, and that's just tuition. The past 12 weeks (Semester 1) have been an absolute blur if I'm honest, and not because of the right reasons. Constant sesh and chills led to me having to complete a lab report the night before it's due and because of this staying up until 4am (not joking, Semester 1 and already an all-nighter? That is NOT ok). Therefore, in 2017 and Semester 2 I will not only attempt to actually do the work, but do it properly, as well as actually go to lectures.

Being more organised
Kind of tying in with the previous point - I NEED TO DO MY WORK IN ADVANCE. I guess you could say I am an absolute master procrastinator, and so my goal for 2017 is to be organised when it comes to uni work -- literally going to complete it at least 2 days before it's due -- as well as other affairs, aka Christmas presents for Matt (not good to get the last lot a day before Christmas). 

Get fit
I feel like this has become a cliche for many people over the years (including me), but 2017 is definitely the year to do this. Not only have I got 2 summer holidays coming up, but it's also about feeling comfortable in my own skin, which I haven't been for a long while now. Uni life certainly does take its toll - my liver is probably completely ruined, and the many late night Dominoes, kebabs and Jaegers most certainly take their toll.

Being happy and content with life
We can all agree that 2016 may have not been the happiest year. For me, it was full of ups as well as downs. I think that if anything, 2016 has taught me to always stay positive, and that everything always works out in the end. Whatever is meant to be, will be, whether you stress about it or not. If you know me, you'll know that I am one of the most stressful people ever - whether that's because of an exam I think I messed up or something totally silly like what to cook for dinner for the whole flat! My aim for 2017 is to be better; stop worrying and stressing over everything, focus on the important things and excel at everything I choose to do - uni, gym and most importantly my relationship not only with Matt, but also with other people. 

Those are my goals, what are yours? Whatever you choose to do, just remember: if you're not happy with something or someone this year, let it all go. I know it isn't easy to do but the most important person here is you. I hope 2017 brings everyone everything they deserve and more, and I hope you all find the strength to speak up, listen more, say what you feel or think, and mainly be happy. 
Happy New Year!

x iwi x

No comments:

Post a Comment