Friday 22 July 2016

Everyday make-up!

Hello friends! In today's post I thought I would let you all know what make-up I use on everyday basis. So without further ado, carry on reading to find out what I put on my face on daily basis to look like a human being!

Face - base

Okay, so I started 'wearing' make-up when I was about 12/13, and I am now 18, so you can probably imagine how many products I have tried out - from cheap, drugstore foundations, concealers and powders to high-end, unnecessarily expensive ones (that do NOT always work, trust me). Much of it was pretty much trial and error kind of thing, and overtime I found out exactly what works for me, as well as what DEFINITELY does not! 
Recently I have tried to find a cheaper alternative to my holy grail Mac Studio Fix foundation, because that stuff goes like it's nobody's business when I use it every single day. Also, my skin has changed quite a bit since I first started using this, and so I had a bit of an explore on Boots and Superdrug websites, as well as other blogs to find out what the very BEST recommendations were. 

Rimmel 'Wake Me Up!' foundation (010 - Light Porcelain) - this stuff retails for £8.99, which isn't bad for a drugstore foundation. It has a dewy finish, making your skin look nice and glowy, and fully awake, just like it states on the bottle. It has teeny-tiny sparkles in it, which is why it leaves your skin looking so awake - they reflect natural light. It feels quite thick, but it blends like an absolute dream! In regards to coverage I would say light, but you can definitely build it up to medium without it looking too cakey. And plus, it smells GORGEOUS! Overall, it's a very good foundation, it hasn't made my skin break out at all, plus who wouldn't want their face to smell amazing first thing in the morning?!

Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer (1 - Fair) - this is literally my absolute, 100% holy grail concealer! Having tried Mac, Benefit, and multiple other high end ones that cost £15+, at only £4.99 this is an absolute bargain! It gives beautiful, full coverage without looking cakey, and it doesn't settle into your fine lines, meaning it gives a nice, flawless finish. Even after having tried SO many products, I keep going back to this, and I cannot recommend this enough, whether just to cover up dark circles or those really nasty spots that we ALL hate but unfortunately all get from time to time. It's also really good to use for highlighting under your eyes or sharpening up your contour. I think I am, like, the billionth person to rave about this online, but honestly, this concealer is SO worth every penny.

Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder (004 - Sandstorm) - another holy grail product of mine. Definitely does what it says on the lid, and as you can see from my picture I really do need to buy a new one as mine is pretty worn down. Don''t really have anything to say other than it does everything a powder is meant to, and I believe this retails for £3.99, which, again, after having tried a lot of high-end, expensive powders, is an absolute bargain and a necessity in your make-up bag, especially if you're just starting out with make-up and you're unsure of what is good.

Eyes and eyebrows

I don't really do too much to my eyes on everyday basis, only if I know I'm doing something important or going out after work. But if we're talking everyday make-up, this is what I use:

Maybelline 24-hour Colour Tattoo (Creamy Beige) - £4.99. This is really similar to Mac paint pots, at a fraction of the price. I usually put this all over my lid, just to kind of make my eyes look 'warmer'. It's like wearing eyeshadow, without all the blending and fancy cut-creasing, and it STILL looks just as lovely. I usually just apply it with my finger tip. A little goes a long way, and you can make it as dark or as light as you want based on the amount you pop on. Definitely a go-to everyday look for me, whether work or (previously) college.
Kiko highlighter (01) - I got this as a birthday gift from a friend and have since fallen in love with it. Rather than using it on my cheekbones as a highlighter, I use it as an inner-corner highlight, and it works beautifully! Whether I wear a heavy eye look or just my everyday Maybelline eyeshadow, it brightens up every look instantly and makes your eyes really pop! I'm not sure how much this is or whether Kiko still does these, but definitely do have a look if it interests you, and let me know if you're able to find it or if they do other shades! I have swatched it in a picture below next to another highlighter. I have also tried it as a highlighter for my face, and it works just as beautifully as an inner corner highlight, so definitely give this a go if you can!
Rimmel Scandaleyes mascara - I cannot begin to tell you how many mascaras I have previously tried. This is my first time buying and using this, and I am in LOVE! Gives both length and volume, you can layer it or just use one, single coat, whatever you do it looks GORGEOUS! I still curl my lashes beforehand, just because I have not been blessed with long or curly lashes (I know, the universe is definitely not on my side!), but using this definitely gives the impression of beautiful, long lashes. Ever since I started using this I have had multiple people asking if I am wearing false eyelashes, and I have not yet tried any, ever, so you know this works...also, £6.99, majority of the time on 3 for 2, just saying...
Anastasia Dipbrow pomade (Taupe) - I first got this when I went to New York in February, and it is honestly THE best brow product ever. I mean, everyone knew Anastasia is a brow goddess, but this product definitely proves it! Easy to apply, easy to take off, smudgeproof, does NOT budge ALL day long and survives some pretty risky activities, what more could you want from a brow product?! 


Face - cheeks

Hoola bronzer, Benefit - I use this for everyday contour. I got it for Christmas, and not going to lie it took me so long to figure out how to use it so it benefits me the most (pun intended). This product is the prime example of little going a LONG way (trust me, first time i put this on my face it was just a massive BROWN splurge on my cheek). Definitely buildable, depending on how sharp you want your contour to be. I believe it's around £23, and although it is good there are SO many cheaper alternatives that do the same thing, and I am not 100% sure if I would repurchase it. 
NYX matte bronzer (light - 01) - the cheaper alternative. Creates nice, subtle bronzed look, and ever since the NYX counters opened in Boots stores across the UK I've seen a lot of people purchase this. It's £7, and definitely worth the money. It's completely matte, not orange at all, 11/10 recommend.
Mac blush in Blushbaby - another present. This blush is GORGEOUS. It gives the most beautiful, rosy cheeks, that look natural and not too 'made-up'. This is my second one, and as you can see it is quite worn in. I will definitely be repurchasing this, at least until I find an alternative that I prefer.
Left: Mac 'Dunes at Dusk' gleamtones powder - these are all
shades swirled together
Right: Kiko 01 highlighter
Mac gleamtones powder in Dunes at Dusk - this is a limited edition highlighting powder. As soon as I saw this in store I just knew I had to add it to my collection. It's made up of 4 different highlighter shades that you can either use separately, or swirl them all together (which is what I do) to give your face the most gorgeous, sparkly finish. Not too much and not too little, this is the perfect product if you need to invest in a new highlighter, but you're not a fan of the whole 'shinier than the sun' look. I swatched it (to the right) to kind of give you an idea of what it looks like. Also look out for any selfies on Instagram as this is most likely what I'll be wearing in them.


Lips

Top swatch; NYX soft matte lip creme in London
Bottom swatch; MAC's Velvet Teddy
NYX soft matte lip cream in London - as soon as I saw this in store i just knew I had to get it. Such a lovely nude, last ALL day and doesn't budge at all! I think it's around £5, making it very affordable. They also have SO many shades of these that it's impossible for you guys to not find one for yourself. I have a couple more of these, and definitely plan on expanding on my collection! 
Mac lipstick in Velvet Teddy - alas, the famous VT makes an appearance, and it's only my second blog post! I adore this lipstick, and believe it or not I didn't get this to make my lips look like Kylie Jenner's (all a big fat lie as we now know). It's the most perfect nude, and I genuinely think this would suit any and every skin tone! It is a matte finish, meaning it can get quite flaky or worn-out if you don't apply some sort of primer or lip balm beforehand (I have learned this through trial and error), and it retails at £15.50, but it is worth every penny! I believe the hype around it has gone down significantly since I bought it, and so it's definitely more available now than before (literally been on the waiting list for this for around 4 months before I managed to grab one!). A truly beautiful lipstick.

So that's it for today's post, thank you so much for reading and I hope you guys enjoyed it! What are your favourite products to use everyday? Do you think you'll try any of the ones I mentioned?

iwi x

1 comment:

  1. Products look amazing! Do you want to be friends with me on bloglovin? If yes, just follow my blog there, I'll follow your blog back!!! https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/anna-alina-3947784

    ReplyDelete