Friday 12 August 2016

My top 5 mac lipsticks!

Hey friends! This week's post is -  ACTUALLY ON TIME! - about my top 5 Mac lipsticks. Now anyone who knows me knows I have THE biggest obsession with lipsticks, and it's nowhere near over! So, without further ado, here we go...



                                                                5.
So starting from the bottom, out of the 36 lipstick I own, my fifth favourite is in the shade Fabby, which is a Frost finish. Now I think the Frost finish is my least favourite finish of Mac lipsticks. But this one is a winner! It's a beautiful pink, with some gold shimmer to it. Personally I don't think it looks like a Frost finish, it's too 'visible' for it (frost finishes tend to look more like lip balms rather than lipsticks), but I would highly recommend this one if you're trying to get out of your comfort zone a little, without going straight in with the bright red's or fuchsias.




Left: Ruby Woo
Right: MAC Red
4.
Next one up is is a Satin red. This shade is called MAC Red, and I believe this is THE original MAC lipstick. It is a dream to apply as it's not a matte, meaning it's nice and moist (absolutely gross word, I know), and feels quite moisturising on the lips. Another positive of this one that if you need to re-apply it's MUCH easier to do than if it was a matte. MAC Red is a beautiful, bright red. It's not a true red like for example Ruby Woo (swatched in the photo), it's more of a pink red, with a slight shimmer to it. This would look gorgeous on ANY skin tone, and I think it's the perfect red to start out with if you haven't tried others yet.



3.
We're into the top 3, and Whirl is DEFINITELY one of those! It's a matte finish, warm-toned, chocolate-brown nude. This would be a good choice for those who want a nude, but want to avoid the 'conceal your lips as much as you can' look. Even though it's a matte, and these can be quite drying, I never experienced that with Whirl. Every time before I apply any lipstick, not just a matte one, I use a lip balm or a Vaseline, or some form of moisturiser. This prevents the lipstick from settling into any fine lines, as well as keeps your lips feeling moisturised underneath - I mean, no one likes it when their lipstick starts going all flakey and rank on their lips, and before you know it it's like an ombre lip without the ombre. 10/10 recommend this lipstick, it is a MUST HAVE nude lipstick!



2.
My second most FAVOURITE lipstick is Twig. It's a Satin finish, an absolutely gorgeous dark pink with brown undertones. Because it's a Satin it has a slight moisture on it, which prevents it from drying up and cracking on the lips. 11/10 recommend, the colour is gorgeous, the finish is great, the quality is top notch! It ticks all the boxes to make an amazing lipstick, and I think that if you had your eye on this and are unsure of buying it, or you're contemplating getting a new addition to your collection, this is definitely it, I promise you won't regret. It's nowhere near similar to anything I already have in my collection (out of 36 lipsticks I would say that's impressive), and I haven't seen anything like this in store.


.
1.
And the champion is *drum roll please*...Velvet Teddy. I must be the 193646th person to rave about this, but I fell in love with it when I first got it, and I still love it the same. In fact, I'm due to purchase a new one (as you can see there is barely any left), and I'm so excited because this is the only Mac lipstick that I would repurchase over and over and over. It is the perfect matte nude, that will suit any skin tone! It's simply gorgeous, and I've heard that it's only slightly darker than Kylie's Exposed (and much easier to get hold of). Seriously, if you haven't yet jumped on the band wagon that is Velvet Teddy (after the Kylie palaver you're WAY too late to the party), do it now. Seriously. MAC website, and you order it now. I can't compare anything to this.

So that's it for today's blog post, but keep your eyes peeled on Sunday as I think you're due another post due to my lateness last week! I hope you enjoyed it, and thank you for reading! Let me know if you're going to pick up any of these shades, and let me know what your favourites are as I'm definitely due a few new additions! 
iwi x

No comments:

Post a Comment